We are currently redeveloping this website. Check out our Beta website and be sure to leave some feedback!

Policy position for Company certificate of registration or incorporation (or equivalent) in ROVER

When recording an Authority to Act in ROVER for an organisation, there is a requirement to upload a certificate of registration or incorporation (or equivalent) where the organisation does not have an ABN or ACN (i.e. many overseas companies).

The following outlines requirements for this certificate:

  • Issued by a foreign government (recognised by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade*) to the organisation.
  • Is an original or electronic copy of the certificate.
  • Includes:
    • the issuing jurisdiction,
    • the name of the organisation as entered on ROVER, and
    • an identification reference number/alphanumeric.
  • Is in English, has enough English to identify all of the above or is accompanied by a professional translation (an example is the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI)) if the letter is in a language other than English.
  • Can be obtained on request from the issuing jurisdiction.
  • Has not been altered in any way.

* The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade publishes a list of recognised foreign governments on their website.


Last Updated: 15 June, 2021