We are currently redeveloping this website. Check out our Beta website and be sure to leave some feedback!

Registration for individuals

Acting on your own behalf

If you are an individual, acting without an agent, you may register yourself through the Client Portal. The Department will send you an email confirming your registration, you may then use the portal to complete and submit your import application.

The Department will use the email address nominated in your registration to correspond with you.

Using an Agent

You may use an agent to submit an application and correspond with the Department on your behalf.

Agents that are registered with the Department are not verified, cleared or endorsed by the Department. Importers will need to conduct their own checks as to whether the agent they select is suitable for them.

If you are not already registered, you may provide your agent with a letter of authorisation. The letter of authorisation provides the Department with evidence of the agent's authority to act. The agent will register your details, complete the application and submit the application on your behalf. The agent will attach the letter of authorisation to the application. Letters of authorisation must contain certain types of information. Details to be included are outlined at the Letter of authorisation page.

Alternatively, you may register yourself and nominate your agent through the Client Portal in the My Agents tab. Your agent will then be able to complete and submit applications on your behalf. Agents nominated in this manner do not need a separate letter of authorisation. To be nominated, the agent must already be registered.

To submit your application

Once you are registered, you may complete and submit your application. An overview of the process is available at the Submit your application page.

Account Expiry

Portal accounts expire after 60 days of inactivity. You will receive an email notification reminding you to log into your account, to maintain its currency. To reactivate an expired account, you will need to contact the Department.


Last Updated: 17 June, 2016