- Influencing transport policy; commissioning targeted policy projects to address emerging and priority issues; and undertaking research and analysis to underpin decision-making across the department.
- Coordinating work to prepare for the deployment of connected and automated vehicles in Australia.
- Investigating the revenue implications of electric vehicles.
- Leading microeconomic reform through its work on heavy vehicle road reform.
- Leading the development and delivery of the National Heavy Vehicle Charging Pilot
- Leading the Department's work to develop a National Freight Data Hub.
- Implementing a better system for how we invest in roads, through creating stronger links between heavy vehicle infrastructure, the needs of users, the charges they pay and the services they receive.
- Implementing the Regional Data Hub which provides government and community decision-makers with better economic, social and demographic data on regional Australia, including publicly accessible and searchable location-specific information.
- Providing legal advice on legislation administered by the Department, related to the making of administrative decisions and dispute resolution and litigation
- Reviewing legislation administered by the Department.
- Supporting development of policy and materials for the 2021–22 Budget.
- Prepare media products such as media releases, social media content, event briefing and speechwriting for portfolio ministerial offices and the department to maximise promotional outcomes.
If you'd like to see more opportunities, visit our Coporate section.