Stepping Into Program
2021 Winter Stepping Into Program applications are now open and close midnight, Monday 5 April 2021. Apply here!
The Stepping Into Program offers practical paid work experience for successful students with disability who may face significant obstacles in gaining employment. Obstacles include such things as academic transcripts that don’t reflect the students’ real potential, or having limited opportunity to participate in part time work while studying.
The participating employers are pioneers within their field and are taking a leadership role in providing opportunities to students with disability to access internship opportunities.
The key elements of the Stepping Into Program are:
- Placements are for a minimum of 152 hours (4-5 weeks) as an APS Level 1 employee.
- Placements can be undertake on a full-time or part-time equivalent.
- The Australian Network for Disability will seek expressions of interest in March 2021 for their Winter program. Interviews will be held in May 2021 for a July 2021 commencement.
- The Australian Network on Disability assesses the suitability of candidates by discussing their area of study, work history and career goals. AND will shortlist candidates, match to available positions and advise any required adjustments.
- The Australian Network on Disability run Disability Confidence and Awareness training for Managers/Supervisors.
To be eligible for the Stepping Into Program, you must:
- Be a university student in their final or penultimate year.
- Be studying any discipline.
- Identify as having a disability, mental health condition or chronic illness.
- Be able to commit to the entire program.
- Be an Australian citizen.
- An application including your CV, Academic Transcript and any relevant disability information (such as your Disability Access Plan).
- An interview with the Australian Network on Disability.
- Australian Network on Disability will assess suitability of candidates by discussing area of study, work history and career goals.
- Any information about your disability will be removed from your application by the Australian Network on Disability prior to providing your application to the Entry Level Programs team.
- Australian Network on Disability will also discuss disability management with candidates noting while candidates are not required to share disability-specifics, AND will advise the placement area of any required adjustments.
|Applications open||March 2021|
|Applications close||April 2021|
|Process finalised - offers made||June 2021|
|Program commencement||July 2021|
If you have any queries, you can email our Entry Level Programs Team.