Indigenous Australian Government Development Program (IAGDP)
2022 Indigenous Australian Government Development Program applications are expected to open from April 2021.
The Indigenous Australian Government Development Program (IAGDP) is a 12 month entry-level employment and development program open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who are interested in working in the Australian Public Service (APS).
The diverse 12-month program offers you learning, development and opportunities to expand your personal capabilities and confidence to build a career in the APS. You will have the opportunity to complete a Diploma of Government qualification and focus your studies on a topic area whilst working full time.
The aim of the program is to significantly contribute to improving employment opportunities, experiences and outcomes for Indigenous Australians in the Australian Public Service. We value and draw on the skills, capability and unique life experiences that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees can bring and are committed to developing a talented and versatile workforce.
The key elements of the Indigenous Australian Government Development Program are:
- A permanent full-time position after successful completion of the program.
- Peer support, mentoring, coaching and access to our Indigenous Staff Network.
- Competitive salary, superannuation and employment conditions.
- Opportunity to complete a Diploma of Government.
- Study assistance (with course fees paid by your employer).
- Commencement at the APS Level 3 - $61,570 per annum.
- Advancement opportunity to the APS Level 4 upon successful completion – salary increase to $68,219 per annum.
- Four weeks paid leave per year.
- Superannuation of 15.4 per cent.
To be eligible for the Indigenous Australian Government Development Program, you must:
- Be an Australian citizen at the time an offer is made.
- Be available to commence your position in August 2021.
- Be able to obtain and/or maintain a Baseline security clearance.
- Be prepared to relocate to Canberra if you currently live interstate. The Department will cover your relocation costs.
- Satisfactory health clearance through the completion of an Employment Health Declaration.
For further details, please see the Department of Education, Skills and Employment website website.
- A written application.
- An interview.
|Applications open||April/May 2021|
|Applications close||May 2021|
|Process finalised - offers made||June/July 2021|
|Program commencement||August 2021|
If you have any queries, you can email our Entry Level Programs Team.