Australian Design Rules Downloadable Resource (previously ADR CD-ROM)
In line with the national program for Australian Design Rule (ADR) development, the Department of Infrastructure, Regional Development and Cities (the Department) amends or develops ADRs and related information. The downloadable ADR Resource is a periodic compilation of this information. The ADR Resource is provided as a .zip file for easy transfer to hard disk or USB media and as an .iso file for easy transfer to CD-ROMs. It contains:
- General overview of new and amended standards since the availability of the previous ADR Online Resource
- Motor Vehicle Standards Act 1989
- Motor Vehicle Standards Regulations 1989
- Second Edition ADRs (applying to vehicles manufactured from 1969 to 1989)
- Third Edition ADRs (applying to vehicles manufactured from 2 August 1989)
- Administrator's Circulars
- Vehicle Standards Bulletins
- Registered Automotive Workshop Information and Forms
- Test Facility Inspection Manual
- Road Vehicle Certification System
- Importing Vehicles into Australia
- Government Gazettes.
Download the ADR Resource
- ADR Resource November 2018 zip file ZIP: 601778 KB
Transfer the ADR Resource to your media
- Right click the link above
- Click ‘Save target as’
- Select the intended location for the .zip file
- Click ‘Save’ to confirm
Register for Notifications When an Updated ADR Resource is Periodically Made Available for Download
Subscribers who have previously provided an email address will automatically be registered for notification of the availability of the periodically updated ADR Resource. If you were not a subscriber but wish to be notified of the availability of an updated downloadable ADR Resource, please register your email address on the ADR Resource Notification List.
Register for Notifications to Updates to Specific ADRs
As continues to be the case, notifications relating to amendments to specific ADRs can be received by registering an account with the Federal Register of Legislation at the following website: www.legislation.gov.au/MyAccount.
Transition to the ADR Resource
A resource containing the ADRs and related information has previously been provided on CD-ROM (known as the ADR CD-ROM) through a paid subscription service. In January 2018, the Department began phasing out the ADR CD-ROM and replaced it with an equivalent downloadable ADR Resource that is available free of charge. The ADR Resource will be updated periodically and contains the same content that subscribers have previously received on the ADR CD-ROM.
This change adapts to the progress in technology and the reduced access to CD ROM drives. It also removes subscriber fees and provides continuous access to the latest ADR Resource. The subscription service is no longer available and subscription fees no longer apply.
For further information, you may email the Vehicle Safety Standards Branch at firstname.lastname@example.org