Media Releases and speeches
- Community Matters—Passenger transfer vessels' operation and maintenance—tender released on AusTender
The tender for the operation and maintenance of the passenger transfer vessels has been released on AusTender.
- Community Matters—Engaging on education
As part of the Australian Government's ongoing commitment to keeping the Norfolk Island community informed about education transition matters, departmental officers returned to the Island again this week to meet with the NICS staff and school community.
- Community Matters
As the community is aware, in November 2018, the NSW Government advised the Commonwealth that new arrangements for the provision of health and education services on Norfolk Island will be required after June 2021.
- Tender release — operation and maintenance of the Norfolk Island passenger transfer vessels
Information on the three passenger transfer vessels, funded by the Australian Government, to support the Norfolk Island tourist industry was recently published.
- Perspectives on Australian transport infrastructure
A speech by Steven Kennedy to Infrastructure Partnerships Australia’s post-Budget breakfast.
- Australian National Audit Office report on the Norfolk Island reforms
The Australian National Audit Office (ANAO) audit report on design, implementation and monitoring of the Norfolk Island reforms has been published.
- Developing flight paths for Western Sydney Airport
Recent media articles have depicted flight path designs for the new Western Sydney International (Nancy-Bird Walton) Airport.
- Connecting with the Kingston and Arthur's Vale Historic Area: Heritage Manager's Update
Thank you to everyone that has welcomed me to the island and taken the time to share your tremendous knowledge about the Kingston and Arthur’s Vale Historic Area (KAVHA) and Norfolk Island’s history, as well as your ideas for the area’s future.
- Global challenges, regional consquences
A speech by Steven Kennedy to the Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Terms of Reference released for RDA programme review
The Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development has released the Terms of Reference for an independent review of the Regional Development Australia (RDA) programme.
- Mackay Regional Council wins premier award for excellence in local government
Mackay Regional Council in Queensland has won the 2016 National Award for Excellence in Local Government for its work in improving the management of community water resources.
- Mr Mike Mrdak, 12 June 2015 address to the AFR National Infrastructure Summit
The difficulty of planning and investing in productive infrastructure—Western Sydney airport.
- Progress in regional Australia on forum agenda, 5 March 2015
Albury/Wodonga is set to host the two-day How Fast is Regional Australia Moving conference, which will bring together leaders from business, industry, commerce and government to discuss regional challenges and strengths.
- Charting Australian airline punctuality and reliability, 20 February 2015
More domestic flights are departing and arriving on time across Australia, according to the Bureau of Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Economics' latest Domestic Airline On Time Performance annual report.
- One week left to nominate for local government recognition, 20 February 2015
Only one week remains for local governments to nominate projects for the 2015 National Awards for Local Government, which recognise the sector's vital role in serving Australian communities.
- Time running out to nominate for local gorvernment recognition, 13 February 2015
Nominations remain open until 27 February for the 2015 National Awards for Local Government, which aim to recognise the sector's vital role in serving Australian communities.
- Young people pitch ideas to make regional Australia even better, 9 February 2015
Members of the public are invited to Parliament House Theatre in Canberra at 11am on Thursday 12 February to see inspiring young people discuss ways to improve the lives of young people in regional Australia.
- Mr Mike Mrdak, 8 August 2014 speech to CAPA Australia Pacific Aviation Summit
Secretary Mike Mrdak recently gave a speech on aviation industry growth at the 2014 Centre for Asian Pacific Aviation Summit. A focus was the importance that good policy and regulatory setting will play in fostering strong industry growth into the future: PDF: 209 KB
Note: You can receive copies of media releases relating to the department by subscribing to the Australian Government's media release service.