Indexed List of Departmental Files
Every six months, the Department is required to prepare a response to the Senate Continuing Order for Indexed List of Departmental or Agency Files (known more often as “the Harradine Report”, as the order was instigated by then Senator Harradine in 1996).
This order requires that an indexed list of all files, created in the central offices of all Federal Government agencies, be published to the Internet, so it is accessible to the public and can assist with Freedom of Information requests.
The Continuing Order requires that only relevant file titles be published on the Department's website and allows for the following exclusions to be made from the list:
- Case related files (e.g. personal representations or dealings with the personal affairs of policy departments or tax payers);
- Files related to the internal administration of the Department or Agency;
- Containing commercially confidential or identifiably personal information;
- Files that on face value, disclose that a particular matter had been put out, or was to be put to the Cabinet.
On 20 December 2017 the Department of Home Affairs was established. Some functions from the Department of Infrastructure, Regional Development and Cities were transferred to Department of Home Affairs. Files created by this department on behalf of Home Affairs have been included in the indexed file list.
Index file lists
- File titles created between 1 January to 30 June 2019 XLSX: 302 KB
- File titles created between 1 July to 31 December 2018 XLSX: 780 KB
- File titles created between 1 January to 30 June 2018 XLSX: 817 KB
- File titles created between 1 July to 31 December 2017 XLSX: 877 KB
- File titles created between 1 January to 30 June 2017 XLSX: 398 KB
For all general enquiries, please contact: