Secretary's Scholarship Scheme
The Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development has introduced a new scholarship scheme in four of Australia's universities to support students with a keen interest in Infrastructure and Regional Development to achieve their maximum potential and also encourage regional students to choose a thesis topic aligned with the department's portfolio areas of transport safety, security, funding or infrastructure.
The purpose of the Secretary's Scholarship Scheme (the Scholarship) is to provide recognition and annual financial assistance to one deserving, full-time, domestic, undergraduate Honours Year student enrolled in an Honours Year program at each of the following regional universities:
- Charles Darwin University;
- University of New England;
- Charles Sturt University; and
- Central Queensland University.
The student is required to be undertaking a research project aligned with the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development's portfolio (the Department).
The objectives of the Scholarship are to:
- Support students to produce high quality research papers that are aligned to the work of the Department.
- Encourage students in regional areas to undertake research relating to Infrastructure and Regional Development.
A total of $5,000 per scholarship will be awarded per university, per year. This equates to a total of $20,000 per year.
The University will advertise the Scholarship and be responsible for crediting the Scholarship funds to the successful recipient.
For further information on applying for a scholarship at your preferred University please contact: