- Strategic advice on a range of broadcasting content issues, including Australian content quotas for TV, anti-siphoning regulations relating to sport and the advertising industry.
- Developing Australian copyright policy and represents Australia's interests in relation to international copyright issues in a range of international fora.
- Providing strategic policy advice on the media industry, including media diversity, sustainability of news and media businesses, media market competition, the production of quality news, disinformation/fake news, media literacy, digital radio, national and community broadcasting, and the Public Interest News Gathering program.
- Providing strategic policy advice focusing on media reform, reform to screen content obligations and streamlining platforms and portfolio input to news media bargaining code processes as part of the Broadcasters and Content COVID-19 Response Taskforce.
- Developing policy options to support Australian stories on our screens in a modern, multi-platform environment. This includes developing options for government intervention and support for the sector, including in relation to commercial free-to-air (FTA) television, subscription television and online streaming services (such as Netflix) that distribute curated or commissioned video content to Australians.
If you'd like to see more opportunities, visit our TV section.