How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in a recently advertised vacancy in the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Cities (the Department). We appreciate your interest and if successful, you will find that joining the Department is a great way to build on your capabilities, improve your professional skills and contribute to key Government priorities.
We seek people with a wide variety of skills and competencies, and look for applicants who demonstrate they will strive to support the Australian Public Service Values and Code of Conduct.
Employment with the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development is subject to the following conditions:
- Citizenship: To be eligible for employment with the department, applicants must be an Australian citizen. Only in exceptional circumstances will the department consider waiving this requirement.
- Health Assessment: The preferred applicant/s may be required to undergo a medical examination conducted by the department’s preferred medical provider.
- Security Clearance: The successful candidate/s must be able to obtain and/or maintain a security clearance at the Baseline level or higher depending on the role. You must be willing to disclose all relevant and required information and you must have lived in Australia, or have a checkable background, for at least the preceding five years for Baseline vetting clearances. More information on the security clearance vetting process is available on the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA) website.
Some positions may impose further conditions of engagement.
Special provisions apply to excluding persons who have accepted a voluntary redundancy from the APS. If you have accepted a voluntary redundancy from the APS please visit the Australian Public Service Commission website to confirm your exclusion period.
Before you Apply
Before you apply, carefully read the job description and selection documentation. If, after reading the documentation, you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and you would be a good fit for the role, we encourage you to apply.
If you are unsure about any aspects of the role or the Department, we encourage you to speak with the contact person for more details.
You can also access additional information such as our Corporate Plan from our website.
Preparing Your Application
Your application should address the selection criteria and be within the page limit outlined in the ‘How to apply’ section of the advertisement. A selection decision may be based solely on your written application and referee reports, and it is the quality, rather than the quantity that is the most critical factor.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not receive consideration.
You are encouraged to address the selection criteria by giving key examples and/or achievements and attach a brief statement of your employment history in the form of a CV or resume.
When responding to the selection criteria, you should create a separate Microsoft Word document or PDF file to be uploaded into the application portal, as criteria may vary between positions you should carefully read the ‘How to apply’ instructions on each advertisement.
For advice on addressing selection criteria and general advice on how to apply for APS positions please visit the APS jobs website—How to Join the APS.
Submitting Your Application
Lodgement of applications is to be made online via the Department's myRecruitment system.
Where electronic lodgment is not possible, please contact our Recruitment Team on 02 6274 6161 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss other options for submitting your application.
The following information must be submitted as part of your application:
- your claims against the selection criteria
- a short resume of your education and employment history
Applications must arrive before the closing date/time as selection committees are not obliged to accept late applications. Applications submitted via myRecruitment will receive a confirmation.