Client Service Charter
Who We Are and What We Do
We provide policy and strategic advice to government, deliver programs and services, administer and shape regulatory frameworks, in the following areas:
Supporting an efficient, sustainable, safe and accessible transport system
Improving living standards and facilitating economic growth in cities and regions across Australia
Providing governance frameworks and services in the territories
Enabling all Australians to connect to effective communications services and technologies, for inclusiveness and sustainable economic growth
Creativity and culture
Supporting sustainable and inclusive creative and cultural sectors, and protecting and promoting Australian content and culture
Our Service Standards
We individually and collectively uphold the Australian Public Service Values. www.apsc.gov.au
Impartial—we are apolitical and provide the Australian Government with frank, honest and timely advice which is based on the best evidence available.
Committed to Service—we are professional, objective, innovative and efficient. We work collaboratively to achieve the best results for the Australian community and Government.
Accountable—we are open and accountable to the Australian community under the law and within the framework of ministerial responsibility.
Respectful—we respect all people, including their rights and heritage.
Ethical—we demonstrate leadership, we are trustworthy and act with integrity in all we do.
The service standards outlined above provide the benchmark against which our performance can be measured.
We aim to be results orientated and provide prompt, accurate and relevant responses to all enquiries. We conduct all our business in an honest and professional manner. We treat our clients with dignity and respect and inform our clients about decisions that may affect them and offer information to assist them in understanding government policies.
We have specific standards for some of the services we provide, such as vehicle imports and certification. These standards can be accessed at our website or by discussing them by telephone on 1800 815 272.
How You Can Help Us
We ask you to help us to continue to provide a high standard of service by:
- providing us with timely, necessary and accurate information
- helping us establish a reasonable time for our response to you, and
- treating our employees with courtesy and respect.
We value and appreciate your feedback and use it to monitor and improve our performance.
We would be pleased to know if:
- you are happy with our service
- you feel we are not meeting our service commitments to you, and/or
- you have ideas on how we can improve our service to you.
If you have a complaint, you should first contact the area you have been dealing with to resolve the problem. If the complaint has not been resolved, please contact the Governance Section by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the central office contact details provided and addressing it to the Director—Governance Section.
We will investigate your concerns and reply within 10 working days of receiving your complaint to inform you of the progress in resolving it if it is more complex. If we are at fault we will provide a solution to prevent it happening again.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint you can contact the Commonwealth Ombudsman. The Ombudsman's contact details can be found at www.ombudsman.gov.au or call by telephone on 1300 362 072.
What Is Not Covered By This Charter
This Charter deals with the quality of service we provide. There are matters which are not covered by this charter. These include: employment related complaints or disputes; privacy complaints and the handling of personal information; administrative decisions and Government policy.
If you are not satisfied with an administrative decision that affects you (for example, an unsuccessful grant application), you may have the right to seek a review of the decision. You will be notified of any rights of review and/or appeal when you are advised of the administrative decision.
If you would like to comment on Australian Government policy you can contact:
- your local Member of Parliament.
- the office of the Deputy Prime Minister, Minister for Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Development by telephone on (02) 6277 7520 or through the website at minister.infrastructure.gov.au.
- the office of the Minister for Agriculture, Drought and Emergency Management by telephone on (02) 6277 7190 or through the website at minister.infrastructure.gov.au.
- the office of the Minister for Communications, Cyber Safety and the Arts by telephone on (02) 6277 7480 or through the website at minister.infrastructure.gov.au.
- the office of the Minister for Population, Cities and Urban Infrastructure by telephone on (02) 6277 7790 or through the website at minister.infrastructure.gov.au.
- the office of the Minister for Regional Health, Regional Communications and Local Government by telephone on (02) 6277 7495 or through the website at minister.infrastructure.gov.au.
- the office of the Minister for Decentralisation and Regional Education by telephone on (02) 6277 7630 or through the website at minister.infrastructure.gov.au.
- the office of the Assistant Minister for Road Safety and Freight Transport by telephone on (02) 6277 4144 or through the website at minister.infrastructure.gov.au.
- the office of the Assistant Minister to the Deputy Prime Minister by telephone on (02) 6277 4746 or through the website at minister.infrastructure.gov.au.
- the office of the Assistant Minister for Regional Development and Territories by telephone on (02) 6277 4293 or through the website at minister.infrastructure.gov.au.
Contacts and Information
Our central office is located at:
111 Alinga Street
CANBERRA ACT 2600
You can telephone us during business hours (except public holidays) on:
(02) 6274 7111, or toll free on 1800 075 001.
You can write to us at:
Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications
GPO Box 594
CANBERRA ACT 2601
Our website is infrastructure.gov.au.
Media enquiries and general enquiries about our work can be emailed to email@example.com.
More information about us can be found in our: