Townsville City Deal
- Townsville City Deal PDF: 5241 KB
- 2019 Progress report PDF: 1689 KB
- 2018 Progress report PDF: 4743 KB
- 2017 Progress report PDF: 2851 KB
- Townsville City Deal Implementation Plan PDF: 1898 KB
- Commonwealth and Queensland MOU PDF: 119 KB
Haughton Pipeline Stage 2
- Business Case PDF: 6460 KB
- Appendix A - geotechnical investigation report (part 1) PDF: 5689 KB
- Appendix A - geotechnical investigation report (part 2) PDF: 11806 KB
- Appendix A - geotechnical investigation report (part 3) PDF: 9254 KB
- Appendix A - geotechnical investigation report (part 4) PDF: 7108 KB
- Appendix A - geotechnical investigation report (part 5) PDF: 5833 KB
- Appendix B - iaaf-stage-3-and-4-checklist PDF: 1996 KB
- Appendix C - model cover note PDF: 1448 KB
- Appendix E - engineering report (part 1) PDF: 3025 KB
- Appendix E - engineering report (part 2) PDF: 4700 KB
- Appendix E - engineering report (part 3) PDF: 8189 KB
- Appendix E - engineering report (part 4) PDF: 6330 KB
- Appendix F - key project stakeholders PDF: 1371 KB
- Appendix G - stakeholder engagement plan PDF: 1574 KB
- Appendix H - stakeholder database PDF: 1290 KB
- Appendix J - land tenure searches PDF: 7439 KB
- Appendix K - native title searches PDF: 8702 KB
- Appendix L - risk analysis PDF: 1475 KB
- Appendix M - acrolein memo PDF: 1400 KB
- Appendix N - option 3 water tariff reform PDF: 1296 KB
- Appendix O - benefits PDF: 1452 KB
- Appendix P - performance specifications PDF: 1636 KB
- Appendix Q - environment PDF: 7139 KB
The Townsville City Deal is a 15 year commitment between the Government of the Commonwealth of Australia (the Commonwealth) the Government of the State of Queensland (the Queensland Government) and the Townsville City Council to a collective program of planning, reform and investment for Townsville. The commitments made under the City Deal are consistent with the Memorandum of Understanding between the Commonwealth and the State of Queensland to establish and implement City Deals, which was agreed on 10 November 2016.
The Townsville City Deal was signed on 9 December 2016. It outlines a series of commitments that all three tiers of government will work together to deliver, as well as a series of future opportunities for further collaboration, to deliver a transformational impact for Townsville.
2019 Annual Progress Report
The Townsville City Deal is a 15-year commitment that aims to support a prosperous economic future for Townsville. It will position Townsville as a vibrant, liveable and innovative city in Northern Australia.
The 2019 year began on a challenging note, with an unprecedented monsoonal event over North Queensland resulting in the biggest floods experience by Townsville on record. Thousands of properties and critical infrastructure sustained damage.
Despite these challenges, Australia's first City Deal continued to deliver transformative outcomes for Townsville in 2019 - building industry and workforce development opportunities, better connecting people and places, and activating industry and export growth.
A number of the City Deal's commitments were completed throughout 2019. These results highlight the benefits of a genuine collaboration between the three levels of government and local community, and the significant outcomes that can be delivered through this approach.
Key achievements under the City Deal in 2019 have included:
- Finalisation of a business case assessment for Stage 2 of the Haughton Pipeline and confirmation of full funding for construction to deliver a continuous water supply pipeline, in conjunction with Stage 1, from the Burdekin River to the Ross River Dam.
- Commencement of preliminary work on the Port of Townsville Channel Upgrade project, with the first truckloads of rock delivered of at least 600,000 tonnes required to build the seawall for land reclamation.
- Opening of the Townsville City Bus Hub, coinciding with the introduction of a new network-wide bus timetable to encourage more people to use public transport and travel to the CBD.
- Substantive completion of the North Queensland Stadium, with roof trusses hoisted into place, seating installed for 25,000 fans, and the all-important hallowed turf being grown and mown on track for the 2020 NRL season.
Announcement of Townsville City Deal
13 June 2016
Signing of Memorandum of Understanding for City Deals in Queensland
Within six months
Signing of Townsville City Deal
9 December 2016
First Annual Progress Report
Second Annual Progress Report
Third Annual Progress Report
Formal Review of the Townsville City Deal
End of 15 years of Townsville City Deal