The Department supports the Australian Government to invest in infrastructure and protect nationally significant transport corridors and assets.
Research about Australia’s cities and regions is undertaken by the Bureau of Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Economics. Policy development, coordination and reporting relating to cities issues is undertaken by the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet.
State of Australian Cities Reports and interactive maps
The State of Australian Cities reports are available on the following links:
- State of Australian Cities 2014–15
- State of Australian Cities 2013
- State of Australian Cities 2012
- State of Australian Cities 2011
- State of Australian Cities 2010
Interactive City Maps
There are two ways to access the maps:
- High-resolution images on an interactive website. These enable users to switch between the various topics and cities and zoom down to individual suburbs. Please see the PDF User Guide PDF: 1585 KB to use the interactive map website.
- Static PDF maps of each of the major population centres of Australia, mapping various themes. Static PDF maps for 2013 are available.